- Conversations Top 100 Adult Books of 2015
- Conversations' 25 Most Inspirational Books of 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: The Face That Changed It All by Beverly Johnson
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 Fiction Summer Reads 2015
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 summer nonfiction reads 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: One Righteous Man by Arthur Browne
- Conversations Book Club President Cyrus Webb interviewed, Sat. Feb. 21st
- Cyrus Webb Introduces "A.J. and the Talent Show"
- Conversations Book Club's Top 100 Books of 2014
- Conversations Summer Book Fair 2014: Mission Accomplished!
- Conversations Top 25 Summer Reads for Adults (2014)
- Conversations' Top 10 Summer Reads for Young Readers (2014)
- Conversations Announces April 2014 Book Selection: Poetic Meter and Random Prose
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Conversations Presents 20 Must-Read Books For Young Readers
by Cyrus Webb (appears in the May/June Issue of Conversations Magazine)
When it comes to books for children and young readers, Conversations and company Shadow Play Entertainment are committed to celebrate titles that both entertain as well as inform. As summer approaches, this issue seemed as good of a time as any to recognize some of the books we have enjoyed and recommend as well as the authors and publishers that made them possible.
These are what we consider must-reads, and it is our hope that you will give them some consideration as you make plans for this summer's "To Do" list (Listed in no particular order):
* "Let's Get Ready For First Grade!" by Stacey Kannenberg (Cedar Valley Publishing)
* "Ella B. Jenkins Meets President Barack Obama" by Eve Lynne and Desiree Thomas Gordy (Robijo Publishing)
* "Too Tall Alice" by Barbara Worton (Great Little Books, LLC)
* "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter To My Daughters" by Barack Obama (Alfred A. Knopf)
* "Mr. Browne and the Rose Show" by M. Beatryce Shaw (Schooner Publications)
* "The Chip: A 21st Century Superhero" by George Jack (Langdon Street Press)
* "Rico The Seagull, Making The Best Out Of A Mess" by April Mahoney (A Good Person Publishing)
* "Color Struck" by Pamela & Joel Tuck (Joechel Books)
* "The Rivalry" by John Feinstein (Alfred A. Knopf)
* "Louisa" by Richard Emmel (Parson Place Press)
* "Be Real And Great Now" by Zenaida Roy-Almario (BRAGN)
* "Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox" by Tim Ostermeyer (Synergy Books)
* "The Sons Of Liberty" by Alexander Lagos and Joseph Lagos (Random House)
* "Hairy Harry" by Debra Christenson (Publish America)
* "The Skinny On Bullying" by Mike Cassidy (Rand Media Co.)
* "Before There Was Mozart" by Lesa Cline-Ransome and James E. Ransome (Schwartz & Wade Books/Random House)
* "The Fenway Foul-Up" by David A. Kelly (Stepping Stones Books/Random House)
* "Trouble In Troublesome Creek" by Nancy Kelly Allen (Red Rock Press)
* "The Young Professionals" by Models For Success (Rathsi Publishing)
* "Miracle In Sumatra: The Story Of Gutsy Gus" by Jeanne McNaney (Ovation Books)-
Already enjoyed some of the titles we have listed? Share your thoughts on www.conversationsmag.com and www.amazon.com. Know of some great books that didn't make our list? Let us know of those as well! You can also contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.896.5616.
Looking for some great adult books to add to your collection? You can find selections by visiting www.thebestbookclub.info. CONVERSATIONS: Feeding Your Love Of Life.
Get your May/June issue of Conversations Magazine by clicking here!