- (May 10-11, 2013) Author Reiko Brown Brings Product of My Environment to Mississippi
- (Sat. May 11, 2013) Author Amanda Lee Signs @ Books-A-Million @ Jackson,MS
- (Sat. April 20 2013) Conversations Book Club welcomes author Gregory Marshall
- Conversations Book Fair's March 2013 Event: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
- (Sat. March 23, 2013) Conversations Book Fair in Pearl, MS
- Feb.'s Conversations Book Fair: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
- (Sat. Feb. 16, 2013) Conversations Book Fair in Pearl, MS
- Conversations' 20 Summer Reads For Kids and Teens Revealed
- Sat. March 24, 2012 --- Conversations Book Fair @ the Pearl Public Library in Pearl MS
- Conversations' Online Chapter Announces 1st Quarter Selections For 2012
- Conversations' Top 150 Books of 2011!
- Conversations' 50 Summer Reads of 2011
- Conversations' 20 Must-Read Books For Young Readers (2011)
- Conversations' Top 100 Books of 2010!
- Conversations' Top 25 Summer Reads of 2010
- Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads of 2009
- Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads, 2008
- Conversations' Top 100 Books of 2009!
- Conversations' Top 100 of 2008!
- Conversations' Best Kept Literary Secrets of 2007"
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2007"
- Conversations' Best Kept Literary Secrets of 2008!
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2008"
Friday, November 30, 2012
Conversations Book Club Announces Its 2013 Book Club Selections
Well, it is that time again! Conversations Media Group is excited to announce its choices for book club selections during 2013 (see www.conversationsbookclub.com).
unite readers literally around the world around books," says Cyrus Webb, Founder of Conversations Book Club and the President of Conversations Media Group, home of Conversations LIVE Radio show and Editor-In-Chief of Conversations Magazine. "Since its start we have hosted over 100 author events and held meetings in MS, AL, LA, TN---all with the goal of uniting men and women around the written word."
Though a fan of all books, Webb decided to choose 12 non-fiction titles for 2013's book club discussions, all in line with Conversations' theme for 2013: Living Life as a Thank You, based on the book by the same name by author Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons.
Here is the complete listing for 2013 & discussion dates:
Jan. (01/17) --- "Today" by Christopher LaKeith Price
Feb. (02/21) --- "Journey Into Thought" by Sidney Andrews
March (03/21) -- "Not Just A Hearer But A Doer" by Yolanda Shanks
April (04/18) --- "Drunken Angel" by Alan Kaufman
May (05/16) --- "An Unspeakable Secret" by Glenda L. Hunter
June (06/20) --- "Side-Yard Superhero" by Dr. Rick D. Niece
July (07/18) --- "Empowered to Uproot the Seed of Abuse" by Karen D. Doughty
Aug. (08/22) --- "Find the Upside of the Down Times" by Dr. Rob Pennington
Sept. (09/19) --- "Blessings in Disguise" by Gary R. Ryan
Oct. (10/17) "Fearless" by Maimah S. Karmo
Nov. (11/21) "Learning to Live" by Darrick Bronson
Dec. (12/19) "Where Am I Going?" by Michelle Cromer
To add a special dimension to each month's selection, Cyrus Webb has arranged a monthly online interactive conversation about each book that will be held every 3rd Thursday @ 8p.m. et (7p.m. ct/5p.m. pt) on Conversations LIVE Radio Show (www.blogtalkradio.com/conversationslive). Almost each month the author of the book will join the show live as readers discuss the book using Facebook (at www.facebook.com/cyruswebb) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/cyruswebb and the hashtag #conversationsbookclub). The show's chatroom will also be open to take questions in real-time. There will also be profiles of each book club selection in the monthly issues of Conversations Magazine. "All of this will only enhance the experience of the book discussion," says Webb.
To stay abreast of all of the exciting updates with Conversations Book Club in 2013 visit www.conversationsbookclub.com. Any questions can be directed to Cyrus Webb at email@example.com or 601.896.5616.