- Conversations Top 100 Adult Books of 2015
- Conversations' 25 Most Inspirational Books of 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: The Face That Changed It All by Beverly Johnson
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 Fiction Summer Reads 2015
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 summer nonfiction reads 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: One Righteous Man by Arthur Browne
- Conversations Book Club President Cyrus Webb interviewed, Sat. Feb. 21st
- Cyrus Webb Introduces "A.J. and the Talent Show"
- Conversations Book Club's Top 100 Books of 2014
- Conversations Summer Book Fair 2014: Mission Accomplished!
- Conversations Top 25 Summer Reads for Adults (2014)
- Conversations' Top 10 Summer Reads for Young Readers (2014)
- Conversations Announces April 2014 Book Selection: Poetic Meter and Random Prose
Sunday, May 17, 2015
REVIEW: One Righteous Man by Arthur Browne
This book is one of those rare finds that not only educates you about the past but gives you hope for the future.
What Arthur Brown has done in sharing the journey of Samuel Battle and the other brave men and women like him that dared to bring about change is remind us that with hard work, dedication and perseverance anything is possible. I can honestly say that I had never heard of Battle before, but his willingness to put himself out there for the common good is something I can definitely draw strength and courage from. He wasn't looking for the attention or the pat on the back. He just wanted to do his part. That is what makes his story and so many like him so important. They just wanted to do what they felt like was their right to do.
Even when he was faced with outright persecution and even betrayal, that didn't stop Battle from trying to move forward. He lived in interesting times, as we do today. There were those who were walking around living a lie by "passing" for white so they wouldn't have to deal with the challenges that were plaguing people of color. Individuals like Battle didn't have that option, and he was willing to keep pushing forward in spite of the obstacles.
This book reminds us that one person can make a difference and inspire others towards their own greatness, but it must begin somewhere.
ONE RIGHTEOUS MAN officially release on June 30th. Pre-order it on Amazon here.