- Conversations Top 100 Adult Books of 2015
- Conversations' 25 Most Inspirational Books of 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: The Face That Changed It All by Beverly Johnson
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 Fiction Summer Reads 2015
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 summer nonfiction reads 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: One Righteous Man by Arthur Browne
- Conversations Book Club President Cyrus Webb interviewed, Sat. Feb. 21st
- Cyrus Webb Introduces "A.J. and the Talent Show"
- Conversations Book Club's Top 100 Books of 2014
- Conversations Summer Book Fair 2014: Mission Accomplished!
- Conversations Top 25 Summer Reads for Adults (2014)
- Conversations' Top 10 Summer Reads for Young Readers (2014)
- Conversations Announces April 2014 Book Selection: Poetic Meter and Random Prose
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Author M. Beatryce Shaw's Visit To Mississippi: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
On Friday, March 25, 2011 children's book author M. Beatryce Shaw made her first trip to Mississippi from South Carolina to share the message of acceptance that is contained in the first two books of her Mr. Browne series. The result? Residents of the Magnolia State in Jackson, Pearl and Brandon were given the opportunity to meet the author, hear the story behind the books and share in the success of her visit.
The day began at Pearl Public Library in Pearl, MS where Shaw, accompanied by Conversations Book Club President Cyrus Webb of Mississippi and Harold Utley of South Carolina, was able to meet with patrons and discuss her books with them. The staff, led by Mara Villa, graciously welcomed the author and made her feel at home in her first stop in the Magnolia State.
From there it was on to G. N. Smith Elementary School in Jackson, MS where Principal Mathis Sheriff invited the author to share with the 4th grade students about what led her to writing and what encouragement she had for them in their own lives.
After a quick break, Shaw was on to Brandon, MS where she was welcomed at Visions Daycare by Ms. Bobbie Courtney. There the author once again shared the message of her books and Webb read her first book Mr. Browne's Roses to the kids.
The final stop of the day was at Appetizers Restaurant, a regular meeting place for Conversations Book Club. There members of the book club and patrons were able to meet the author and discuss what was next for her.
To find out more information about author M. Beatryce Shaw and her books, visit www.schoonerpublications.com. To keep in touch with Conversations Book Club, contact Cyrus Webb at email@example.com or visit www.thebestbookclub.info.