- Conversations Top 100 Adult Books of 2015
- Conversations' 25 Most Inspirational Books of 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: The Face That Changed It All by Beverly Johnson
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 Fiction Summer Reads 2015
- Conversations Book Club's Top 10 summer nonfiction reads 2015
- BOOK REVIEW: One Righteous Man by Arthur Browne
- Conversations Book Club President Cyrus Webb interviewed, Sat. Feb. 21st
- Cyrus Webb Introduces "A.J. and the Talent Show"
- Conversations Book Club's Top 100 Books of 2014
- Conversations Summer Book Fair 2014: Mission Accomplished!
- Conversations Top 25 Summer Reads for Adults (2014)
- Conversations' Top 10 Summer Reads for Young Readers (2014)
- Conversations Announces April 2014 Book Selection: Poetic Meter and Random Prose
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Conversations Book Club's Online Chapter Returns In Oct. 2011
When Conversations Book Club began in November 2006 it was with three members and a telephone. The co-ed reading group started in Mississippi by Cyrus Webb and founding member Stanley Clark was designed as a place where readers of all backgrounds could come together and discuss books directly with the author present either on a conference call or in person. It quickly grew from there to meetings in Memphis, New Orleans and Montgomery, all following the same pattern.
Cyrus Webb is pleased to announce the return of such book discussion with the re-launch of the online chapter of Conversations Book Club in October. The weekly meetings will be Saturdays @ 7p.m. et(6p.m. ct/4p.m. pt) beginning Sat. October 1, 2011, and will be open to anyone who would like to join the conversation. At the scheduled time interested parties will simply visit www.blogtalkradio.com/conversationslive to talk with the author via the message board or join the discussion over the phone by calling 347.426.3645. The author of the book will be a part of the discussion the entire hour and answer YOUR QUESTIONS with Webb serving as the moderator.
The first book the reading group will discuss is GEORGIA JUSTICE by author Jackie Carpenter. Below are the books and authors joining this special book club in the upcoming weeks:
10/01 --- "Georgia Justice" by Jackie Carpenter
10/08 --- "Destined To Live, Despite Me" by Yolanda Shanks
10/15 --- "Something Inside Of Me" by Chitoka Webb
10/22 --- "Teenie" by Christopher Grant
10/29 --- "My Daddy The Devil and Me" by Debra Ann Brown-Davis
11/05 --- "The Playful and Powerful Warrior Within You!" by GJ Reynolds
11/12 --- "What A Wonderful World" by Ricki Riccardi
11/19 --- "Incognito" by Michael Sidney Fosberg
11/26 --- "Manufacturing Hysteria" by Jay Feldman
12/17 --- "Louisa" by Richard Emmel
Make plans now to attend these special meetings either online or by phone. It is the hope of Cyrus Webb and Conversations Book Club that each week will be an opportunity for you not only to get your questions answered but to introduce those who "attend" to new authors and fellow readers.
For more information contact Cyrus Webb at email@example.com or 601.896.5616. You can also visit www.thebestbookclub.info.